Monday, October 31, 2022

Revolutionary/Founding Period week #1 November 3

Opening:

Song: Emma
Prayer: Fielding
Scripture: Hyrum
Pledge:  McKade
Knowledge Share: Melody
Show and Tell: Josh
Joke of the Day: Lauren
Snack: Tommy 
Treasurer: Vilate 
Quiet Toy for Read Aloud: Talmage

 

Read at Home: Revolutionary War: An Interactive Adventure.  Please make sure you complete at least 2 adventures.
    In the Witch of Blackbird Pond finish chapter 18  (we ended at page 168 in class)
                             ****DO NOT READ AHEAD!!!****

Poem: Review the poems learned so far. Begin memorizing this poem:


My Shadow

I have a little shadow that goes in and out with me,
And what can be the use of him is more than I can see.
He is very, very like me from the heels up to the head;
And I see him jump before me, when I jump into my bed.

Scripture: Read Isaiah 55:8-9. How can this teaching help you trust in the Lord? Memorize the first two lines.

For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways My ways, saith the Lord.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are My ways higher than your ways,
and My thoughts than your thoughts.


Writing:   Make up a story about the Revolutionary War.  What part would you want to play in it?   If you can, write it yourself.  If you need help, dictate it to a family member and they can write it.  Bring it to share.

Handwriting:  Write Proverbs 3:5-6 (Trust in the Lord...) from your folder. Use your best handwriting. 



Discovery: Complete Mapping Assignment #2.  Please seek out help if you do not understand.  Bring your folder to class.

Unit Study Year plan:  We are studying 4 time periods this year.  We are starting the 2nd time period.  We have 6 weeks in each time period.  The 6th week we will have a time period party.  We want you to come dressed like that day and age.  We would also like you to use these 6 weeks to make something from that time period.  While you are learning, decide on something you want to create and do it! You will bring it to show on the party day.

Some ideas:  make a tri-corn  hat, dip a candle, make a spoon, sew an apron, make a haver sack, make moccasins, make authentic food, whittle a horse, ect...


REMINDER:  We want you to do all the work you are able to do.  You can collect Van-bucks for all the homework you do.  You can earn more Van-bucks when you give us a commercial for any book you finished reading this school year or over the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment