Thursday, October 13, 2022

Colonial Period week #5 October 20

**If you had a joke, knowledge share, or show and tell from last time but didn't get to share it, come prepared to do it this week.** Also, please bring the marble bag that Lauren brought you and the one you have made for yourself.

Opening:

Song: Hyrum
Prayer: McKade
Scripture: Melody
Pledge: Josh
Knowledge Share: Lauren
Show and Tell: Tommy
Joke of the Day: Vilate
Snack:  Talmage 
Treasurer: Emma
Quiet toy for read aloud: Fielding

Read at Home: Finish reading What Was the First Thanksgiving.

Read chapters 8 and 9 (and only chapters 8 and 9!) of The Witch of Blackbird Pond

Poem: Review the poems we have learned so far: "Little Things," "Stick to It" and continue working on "The Wreckers."

The Wreckers

Carmelo Benvenga

 

I watched them tearing a building down,

A gang of men in a busy town.

With a ho-heave-ho and lusty yell,

They swung a beam and a sidewall fell.

 

I asked the foreman, “Are these men skilled,

As the men you’d hire if you had to build?”

He gave me a laugh and said, “No indeed!

Just common labor is all I need.

 

I can easily wreck in a day or two

What builders have taken a year to do.”



Writing:

Scripture:

Song: Become familiar with verses 1 and 2 of "My Country 'Tis of Thee" (hymn #339). Use this video to sing along with, if you would like.

My country, ’tis of thee,

Sweet land of liberty,

Of thee I sing;

Land where my fathers died,

Land of the pilgrims’ pride,

From ev’ry mountainside

Let freedom ring!


My native country, thee,

Land of the noble free,

Thy name I love;

I love thy rocks and rills,

Thy woods and templed hills.

My heart with rapture thrills

Like that above.


Vocabulary: Look up and write down the definitions of pilgrim, native, noble and rapture. 


Games: Practice checkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment