Thursday, October 7, 2021

2021-2022 Imaginative Arts #1 October 14

 Imaginative Arts #1

Opening:

  • Song: Hyrum
  • Prayer: Lauren
  • Scripture/ Thought: Marilee
  • Treasurer: Milo
  • Pledge: Talmage
  • Show n Tell: Tommy
  • Knowledge Share: Emma
  • Joke of the Day: Eva
  • Snack: Garrett (Please bring enough for 16 people)
Song: Review "I Will Walk with Jesus" and begin learning "I Know that My Redeemer Lives."

I know that my Redeemer lives.

What comfort this sweet sentence gives!

He lives, he lives, who once was dead.

He lives, my ever-living Head.

He lives to bless me with his love.

He lives to plead for me above.

He lives my hungry soul to feed.

He lives to bless in time of need.


Read at home:
 
  • Finish reading Ella Enchanted. Next book is Black Beauty.
  • Read about Harriet Tubman, pages 12-20 in Courageous Heroes.
  • After reading, watch this video about Harriet.

Poetry: Review "Persevere" and finish memorizing "The Eagle."

The Eagle

By Alfred, Lord Tennyson


He clasps the crag with crooked hands;

Close to the sun in lonely lands.

Ringed with the azure world, he stands.


The wrinkled sea beneath him crawls;

He watches from his mountain walls.

And like a thunderbolt he falls.

Writing:  In "Write Your own Story" work on pages 18 and 19.  We will be sharing our stories on Leadership week.

The Living Christ: Review weeks 1-3. Practice every day. What have you learned about Jesus Christ so far? Pass of the first 3 weeks in front of your family and initial to box when you feel comfortable with it.

Oceanography: We will start this in January, but if you would like to learn more and earn more Vanbucks you can research something in the oceans.  Then draw a picture or write about what you learned.  Bring it to class to share.  There are so many interesting and amazing things to learn!


Imaginative Arts: Use your art set to complete a drawing /painting of some part of Ella Enchanted.  What was a cool scene you remember? Is there a character that you totally saw in your mind as you read the book.  Draw how you pictured it in your imagination. Bring it to class.

We will be having a GIANT PARTY!  Please bring an item of GIANT FOOD.  Be creative.  What could you make into Giant food???  We are excited to see what you come up with!  

We might watch Ella Enchanted in the afternoon if you really want to.  I did not like the movie at all.  I watched it once and never wanted to watch it again.  I was mad at it. BUT- Sister Jessee told me she LOVES it and it is one on her favorites.  Why is that???  What do you think?  Why would Sister Jessee love it but I can't stand it? 




No comments:

Post a Comment