Thursday, October 21, 2021

2021-2022 Eureka #2 October 28

 Eureka #2

Opening:

  • Song: Marilee
  • Prayer: Milo
  • Scripture/ Thought: Talmage
  • Treasurer: Tommy
  • Pledge: Emma
  • Show n Tell: Eva
  • Knowledge Share: Garrett
  • Joke of the Day: Hyrum
  • Snack: Lauren (Please bring enough for 16 people)

Read at home: 

  • Read through chapter 27 of Black Beauty
  • Read about Robert Smalls on pages 37-42 in Courageous Heroes.
Song: Review "I Will Walk with Jesus" and "I Know that My Redeemer Lives." Begin learning "I Stand All Amazed" (hymn number 193). 

I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,

Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.

I tremble to know that for me he was crucified,

That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.


Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me

Enough to die for me!

Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!


Poetry: Recite "Persevere" and "The Eagle" every day. Finish memorizing "The Swan and the Goose."

The Swan and the Goose

By William Ellery Leonard


A rich man bought a Swan and a Goose--

That for song, and this for use.

It chanced his simple-minded cook

One night the Swan for Goose mistook.


But in the dark about to chop

The Swan in two above the crop,

He heard the lyric note, and stayed

The action of the fatal blade.

And thus we see a proper tune

Is sometimes very opportune.

Writing:  

  • In "Write Your own Story" work on pages 00000.  We will be sharing our stories on Leadership week.
  • Look up and write the definitions of mistook, crop, lyric, opportune, spurious, vicarious.

The Living Christ: Review previous weeks and work on memorizing week 5. Complete one or both of the copy work assignments.

Oceanography: We will start this in January, but if you would like to learn more and earn more Vanbucks you can research something in the oceans.  Then draw a picture or write about what you learned.  Bring it to class to share.  There are so many interesting and amazing things to learn!

Eureka: 

No comments:

Post a Comment