Friday, September 4, 2020

History #1 Mesopotamia 2020

Mesopotamia- 

Conduct: Garrett
Song: Anna
Prayer: Marilee
Pledge: Tommy
Theme: Lauren
Quote: Talmage
Treasurer: Eva
Show & Tell: Hyrum

Read at Home: Sideways Stories From Wayside School read to page 100.

Writing:  Bring your binder, pen, paper.  Please copy this letter to send with your flat person. Please bring it to class. Your flat people are ready for their adventures to begin.


Dear ______,
    
Hello!  This is Flat  ______.  I wanted to send myself on an adventure so I sent myself to you.  In my Vanguard Junior class, we read a book called Flat Stanley.  It is about a boy who gets flattened by a bulletin board.  Since he is flat, he can travel through the mail and go on many adventures.  Please take Flat _______ on an adventure and take a picture and send it to me.  I would like to show my class.  Also, could you please send me home when our adventure is done.  I want to spend some time at home before my next adventure begins. 

Love,
________


History: Mesopotamia

Go to the library and get 10 books about Mesopotamia, Hammurabi, Sumeria, Assyrians, Babylon,
Bronze Age or Iron Age. Look at the books and come prepared to share some of the cool things you have learned. You will earn Vanguard money for interesting facts.


Read "You wouldn't want to be a Sumerian Slave," or You wouldn't want to be an Assyrian Soldier."

Watch on Amazon Prime - Kids Animated History episode 13 and episode 14



If you want to earn extra Vanguard Cash you can listen/read The Story of the World intro, Chap. 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 15, 16, and 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment